There’s nothing like a big bowl of pasta especially in the winter to make you feel warm! This pasta recipe never makes me feel guilty because it’s made from healthy ingredients! I like to eat this after a busy day or after exercising. It keeps me full for long and there’s plenty of leftovers for the next day! I haven’t tried it cold yet but I imagine it being a great addition to a picnic in the summer.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup of chopped raw cashews
- 1 head of broccoli
- 20-30 basil leaves
- a 500 gram bag of pasta (I like to use whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (optional but suggested because it has loads of vitamins suitable for vegans and adds a nice cheesy taste)
- Squeeze of a quarter of a lemon (optional)
- salt and pepper to tast
- Steam or boil broccoli until fully cooked.
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- Meanwhile, while broccoli and pasta are cooking, heat a pot with olive oil on low heat. Add chopped garlic.
- Once garlic is cooked through add chopped cashews, cook for 10min and remove from heat.
- Add the broccoli in the same pot as the garlic and cashews. Using a hand blender, food processor or blender, blend everything together. Once everything is combined add the basil, nutritional yeast, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper and continue to blend.
- Combine with pasta and serve!